Director of Communications
Overall Scope of the Role:
The Director of Communications will set, implement and guide the strategy for all communications (digital and print) to inform the congregation, local community and larger community about the church’s mission and programming.
The role is a part-time position, approximately 20-25 hours per week and reports to the Chief Administrative Officer.
- Develop, implement and evaluate the annual communications and branding plan with church leadership.
- Put communication vehicles in place to create momentum and awareness as well as to test the effectiveness of communications activities.
- Maintain website, ensuring that new and consistent information is posted regularly. Work with vendor on larger needs.
- Create online content that engages audience segments. Decide where and when to disseminate information.
- Work with CAO and volunteers to maintain Meeting House audio/visual system so that sermons and special programs can be posted to the church website, available via Podcast, etc.
- Create and implement a plan for the TV Screens in Fellowship Hall.
- Work with staff to encourage membership utilization of church database, myConnect@GodsAcre, including posting of photos, group communication, program scheduling, etc.
- PRINT AND PR
- Manage the development, distribution and maintenance of all print communications including but not limited to: Emails, newsletters, brochures, annual stewardship campaign materials, annual report and other projects as required.
- Assist staff with the creation of newspaper articles and advertising as appropriate.
- Highly collaborative style; experience developing and implementing communications strategies
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills
- Experience with WordPress, HTML, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Office Suite, Social Media Platforms: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
For additional information, or to apply, contact email@example.com.